“FASTING HAS NO POWER WITHOUT PRAYER. THESE TWO SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINES GO HAND IN HAND, FASTING AND PRAYER” ~Pastor Evans
Matthew 17:15-21 King James Version (KJV)
15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water. 16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him. 17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. 18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. 19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? 20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
ISAIAH 58: 6-11 King James Version (KJV)
6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? 7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? 8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy reward. 9 Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; 10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day: 11 And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
FASTING, SCRIPTURE READING AND PRAYER TIMES
- We will connect to Zoom for 20-30 minutes at the intervals of 8, 12, and 3. During those times we will pray and share scriptures around our fast.
- The fast will commence with a scripture read by Pastor Evans and a Prayer shared by Pastor Evans.
- After the opening prayer, any leader can share in a scripture and/or prayer.
- At 3 pm after all others have shared a scripture and/or prayed, the Pastor will give a closing prayer and scripture.
8 AM – 8:30 AM Pastoral Prayer and Scripture Commences Fast; All Others
12NOON – 12:30 PM Open Session for all
3 PM – 3:30 PM All Others; Pastoral Prayer and Scripture Concludes Fast
FASTING OPTIONS FOR DURATION OF 8-3:30 PM:
- ESTHER FAST: No food or drink (Esther 4:16)
- TRADITIONAL FAST: No food but can drink water
- DANIEL FAST 1: Eliminate all foods except fruits and vegetables. Eliminate all deserts and rich, pleasurable foods. Eliminate all drinks except water; no coffee, tea, soda, or purchased drinks. (Daniel 1:12)
- DANIEL FAST 2: no meat, pleasant bread, or wine (Daniel 10:2-3)
- FAST FROM: Remove an item or items such as sweets, salt, coffee (Must be something that is a sacrifice)
Click https://us04web.zoom.us/j/5266548 765?pwd=VTRoU2haRW03MzNRYmFWS0JrUEkvdz09 to join meeting
DIAL: 646-568-7788 Meeting ID 526-654-8765 PASSWORD: 996927
SCRIPTURES TO SHARE:
Psalms 25: 4-6, 27 (emphasis v 8), 34: 1-9, 35: 1-4, 51: 1-13, 63: 1-8, 86: 11-13, 103:1-5 Matthew 5: 3-11, 5:13-16, 5: 22-24, 5: 41-45, 6: 3- 6, 6:7 & 8, 6:9-13 (emphasis v 10), 6:31-33 Matthew 26: 36-42 (emphasis v 42), Luke 18:10-14 (emphasis v 13), 18:37-43 (emphasis v 39)
Praying for God to:
1. Forgive us of our sins
2. Bless us
3. Grant to us His vision for us
4. Lead us in the direction He has for us
5. Help us to do our part
6. Help us to fulfill His vision
7. Help us to glorify Him for what He is about to do through us